It gets "cultural" when it goes wrong
When everything is going well - in travel, in business, in friendship - then cultural differences hardly play a role.
But when things don't go as expected, then culture comes in to play:
- How explicitly should you address the unexpected turn of events?
- Should you address your concern in the group or better one-on-one?
- Is an apology appropriate or will you "loose face" if you admit a mistake?
- Can you sort it out yourself or would an intermediary be more helpful?
- Should you escalate or will that cause complete disaster?
These questions can make or break the negotiation, the project, the deal.
And there is no straightforward answer. Every situation is specific and needs to be condidered carefully.
Make sure to consult an expert !