Talent makes you strong !
Already in 2015, McKinsey stated that, “latest research finds that companies in the top quartile for gender or racial and ethnic diversity are more likely to have financial returns above their national industry medians. (…) The correlation does indicate that when companies commit themselves to diverse leadership, they are more successful.”
McKinsey verified this conclusion in 2020 in a new study: "I&D is a powerful enabler of business performance: Companies whose leaders welcome diverse talents and include multiple perspectives are likely to emerge from the crisis stronger."
But it should not be about surface inclusion (= only consulted because they belong to a social (other) group), it should be real inclusion (= Feeling invited, involved and accepted), which requires
1.Recognize differences: include them without singling them out
2.Representation on different leadership levels
3.Safe environment to speak up, contribute, connect (leaders & mentors)
4.Frame inclusion as something normal, not as a separate task
Colourblind approaches nor pretend-all-are-alike help – See the individual !
(according to HBR “Are your D&I efforts helping employees feel like they belong?”)
In order to realise this, a consolidated approach is required to
1. verify the openness of the organisational environment
2. present the company and frame the job description in an embracing way
3. ensure that the interview and onboarding process is bias-free
4. create a trustful team environment in the onboarding phase
5. enable constructive communication in your global virtual team
6. get the most out of the synergies in your matrix organization
And we have the tools to do that for you !